Taking surveys online is an easy way to make a little extra cash. However, with so many different websites online, it becomes very hard to tell which ones are legit and which one are scams. Here is a list of some of the 17 most prominent top paying survey sites :-
Highest Paying Survey Sites 2018
What is swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a website that lets you earn points, which are called Swagbucks or SB for short, that can be redeemed for gift cards and other rewards. The activities on whose completion the rewards will be given are shopping, searching, answering surveys, watching videos and referring friends.
How swagbucks works?
On becoming a member and logging into their website, you will see links to shop, search, watch, play, answer and discover.
- Shopping- you can receive cashback for making online purchases from major online stores through Swagbucks. These include Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy among others.
- Searching- another way to earn money is by switching over to Swagbucks search engine for your regular searches.
- Watch- you can also earn by watching videos about music, entertainment, travel and many more and earn credits to your account.
- Answer- answering surveys in your free time can also earn you credits via Swagbucks.
- Discover- print grocery coupons or install the Swagbucks browser add-on to earn more.
- Referring friends- by referring others you can earn 10% of what your referrals earn.
- You can redeem your SBs for two main reward options- cash or gift cards.
- You can receive bonus SBs if you reach the daily goal by the end of the day.
- Another bonus is offered when you reach the daily goal for 7 days in a row.
What is Toluna ?
Toluna is a prominent survey website where one can share their opinions for incentives like gift cards and cash. Toluna’s survey results are compared by large corporate bodies to collect information on future products. This research shapes the way for company strategies to distribute their products to consumers.
How toluna works?
When you participate in services through the Toluna website, you can earn reward points. From there, you can join the community and start taking surveys, polls and participate in discussions. It has the following features:
- Toluna offers a Gifties program, an instant win game where points can be exchanged for a chance to win a prize.
- Earn gift cards and prizes as rewards.
- With Toluna 3,000 points equals $1. The highest survey pays 20,000 points.
- The cash payment will be made via PayPal. Once 1200 points are accumulated, the member can redeem a $50 payment to his PayPal account.
- Toluna offers a wide variety of language translation options for its website.
- One can join and win prizes at no cost.
- You’ll receive 500 bonus points for just signing up.
- There are a lot of rewards to choose from.
- You can redeem your points for either gift cards or cash.
OnePoll is one of the world’s leading market research firms. It specializes in paid surveys and market research for very high-end clientele.
How it works?
Registration is open to ages 18 and above. You have to enter your name and email and confirm. Once that is done, you’ll be asked to fill out a short profile. Henceforth, you can start checking your account dashboard for available surveys and you’re ready to go.
Payout will generally depend on the length of the survey. Once you reach $65, you can cash out via PayPal which is the only option. You should receive your rewards after 2 to 3 weeks of processing period.
- OnePoll pays $0.25-$1 for most surveys, with an occasional $3-$5 opportunity mixed in.
- They’ll let you know what you’ll earn before taking the survey.
- Instant $5 sign-up bonus
- Receive multiple quick surveys daily
- Very low disqualification rate.
- Outstanding app for mobile users to take surveys on the go.
MySurvey is an online survey community where members can influence the future of the products and services that they use each and everyday. It has been collecting American opinions since 1946 as National Family Opinion, NFO and TNS.
How it works?
After you’ve created your profile, you’ll be required to complete around ten short questionnaires. These preliminary questionnaires are going to give MySurvey algorithm an idea about which surveys to send you. After completing the initial groundwork, you’ll be ready to start taking the money-making surveys. Some of the features of MySurvey are listed below:
- The payout is going to range between $0.5-$1.25 depending on the length of the survey and the subject matter.
- Minimum cash out limit is set at 1200 points.
- MySurvey has a unique exchange rate. For every 1200 points, you can get $10 transfer into your PayPal account.
- Redemption normally takes 4-8 weeks to cash out and get the money into your account.
- You can also have the points redeemed as a charitable donation.
- Surveys are simple and quick to complete (5-10 minutes depending on the number of questions)
- You can participate in more surveys than other sites are going to offer, provided you’re active and qualify based on the products that you use.
- You can also use the points to purchase certain goods. The good thing is that MySurvey has a huge library of merchandise (from electronics to jewellery) that you can choose from to redeem your points.
YouGov is one of the world’s leading research companies with a customer base of over 4 million members worldwide. It is a global market research and data company built on a simple idea: the more people participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be.
How it works?
YouGov obtains responses from an invited group of internet users and then weigh those responses in line with demographic information. Some of the features of this site are:
- As a sign up bonus, YouGov periodically rewards new members with 2000 points to get started with.
- The length of the surveys vary but most are between 5-7 minutes long.
- The topics of the survey may also vary but they are mainly politically focused. Their surveys and polls are frequently published in the media.
- The usual reward may vary from 500 to 1000 points but that depends on the length of the survey. Normally, 1400 points equates to $1.
- YouGov offers a variety of redemption options for members. Cash payments via PayPal is one option while gift cards are another option. YouGov branded merchandise is also available.
- Gift card rewards take approximately 2-3 weeks to receive post redemption.
- You can also earn a bonus of 1000 points per referral.
PanelOpinion, a part of Made in Surveys (MIS) Group, has over 10 years of experience with the market research industry under its belt. This panel likes to keep it simple by rewarding the members directly with cash benefits for each survey.
How it works?
Once the profile is created, fill up your general questionnaire and then wait for available survey updates. If you’re qualified for the survey, you just need to fully complete it in order to get paid. Once you’ve reached the payout threshold of 10pounds , you can cash out your money via PayPal or bank transfer. Some of the features of PanelOpinion are:
- Surveys usually take 10-20 minutes to complete.
- Average earning per 10-minute survey is 1 pound.
- There is a mini poll section where you can participate and earn 0.02 pound by just selecting an option which can be easily done in 5-6 seconds.
- Completely free to join and no hidden costs.
- The surveys are short and easy-to-do.
- You can take surveys not only on laptops but it is also available in tablets and phones.
- PanelOpinion has low cash out threshold.
- It doesn’t reward you with points like other survey sites do. They reward you with cash straightaway!
- You can refer your friends and join their weekly lucky draw for 10 pounds voucher.
I-Say is an online survey rewards community with over 3 million members sharing their opinions and unique viewpoints. It is powered by Ipsos, a leading global market research company which was founded in 1975. With Ipsos i-Say you can have the power to influence the future of major brands in advertising, entertainment and many other similar industries.
How it works?
To join Ipsos i-SAY, you can either register with Facebook or fill out the information form and then check your inbox for an email confirmation. You can either exchange 1000 points for a $10 gift card to Amazon or iTunes, or wait until you get 1500 points and exchange it for PayPal or a Visa prepaid card. Some of the features of this survey site are:
- There are no age restrictions for Ipsos i-Say.
- You can only send PayPal rewards to the email address you have signed up for Ipsos i-Say with.
- They provide a ton of surveys through email from which we can choose.
- The surveys yield 45 or 90 points ranging in time from 5 to 35 minutes.
- Ipsos i-Say offers a loyalty program as well which is usually not provided by other sites.
- Easy qualification and for each survey which you didn’t qualify, you’ll get an extra reward of 5 points.
- The site is also available in a mobile app.
- At the end of each survey, you’ll get to take their “Poll Predictor”game for more chances of winning prizes.
- New members are automatically enrolled for the $1000 New Member cash drawing.
SurveyBods is an survey panel that is available only in the UK. It is a highly reputed survey company and also one of the best in the world to participate on. SurveyBods is a part of ResearchBods, which partners with brands, agencies and organizations to deliver customer data and intelligence.
How it works?
Once you have earned 15 pounds (1500 points), you can cash out with an Amazon gift card, cash via bank transfer or cheque, a Tango gift card or with sweepstakes entries. Amazon deposits may take up to 5 business days, whereas bank transfers can take maximum 2-3 weeks. Some of the features are highlighted below:
- There are 4 profile surveys available in SurveyBods member accounts and completion of each one is worth 50 points.
- One can complete all the above 4 surveys to earn an easy 200 points (2 pounds).
- You will be notified of the amount of points/entries you can expect before starting your survey.
- They deal with some of the most well known brands like MTV, Nickelodeon, MailOnline and Hello!
- SurveyBods rewards its members with a badge certification attached to their account. The higher the level, the better the prizes and opportunities.
- Some of the surveys automatically enters you into the draws either on the top of or in the lieu of points.
- If you join through their Facebook page, SurveyBods allow you a reward of 3 pounds for signing up.
“Hiving” refers to the term of “bringing a focus back to life at home, while still keeping open and strong communication with the outside world”. It is a French market research company to help brands understand their audience. Since then, the company has grown to have a presence in 20 countries across the globe.
How it works?
As a member of The Hiving, you’ll generally be sent 1-4 surveys per month, but it depends on your demographic. Each survey usually takes between 5-20 minutes. Each time you complete a survey, you’ll be rewarded with “Hiving points”. The amount of reward depends on the complexity and length of the survey. Once you finish the survey, the points will be credited in your account within the next 30 days. Some of the features are given below:
- Three ways to redeem the points- cash via PayPal, request an Amazon e-voucher or donate your points towards any charitable cause.
- Minimum payout is set at 4000 Hiving points. These points don’t expire and you can also exchange them for cash once you have collected at least 4000 points.
- Cash exchanges are made in stage of 4000($4), 8000($8) or 12000($12) points.
- The value of 1000 points is equal to $1.
- The point system is susceptible to change but it wont affect the value of the points that you have.
- You can also earn points by introducing your friends to Hiving.
- Apart from taking surveys, you can take advantage of testing new and exciting products from home.
- On the Hiving website, you can also enjoy lotteries, raffles, quizzes and competitions.
Prolific Academic is a simple platform for researchers to recruit participants to aid their studies. Many top universities and companies utilize their data for various purposes. Prolific is open to any country that accepts PayPal as a mode of payment.
How does it work?
In Prolific, you can sign up, fill out your details and verify your email address to get set up. Once done, you can start scrolling for surveys that are available to you. The site will provide you useful details such as how much it pays, what it’s about and how long will it take to complete the survey. Some of the features are listed below:
- Prolific will provide grades on a scale that reaches 100 for the responses you’ve given. The higher the number, the better the score.
- The score depends on the accuracy of answering questions.
- You’ll get notified about more surveys through emails.
- Prolific pays you with PayPal cash for your accepted surveys mostly within one business day, maximum 21 days.
- Low cash out threshold, only 5 pounds in your account and you can request for withdrawal.
- The prolific support team is quick to answer questions and provide help when the members need it.
- There are some occasional high-paying surveys as well. If you’re lucky enough, you could make 10 pounds or more per survey.
- You can make money from referring- both from the participants and researchers who join with your link.
Global Test Market
Global Test Market is an online survey panel owned and operated by Lightspeed Research. It is one of the world’s leading providers of market research and serves clients in more than 60 countries worldwide.
How it works?
Registering on the website is easy, simple and free. Once you click the registration link, you’ll be asked simple questions about you and your household. The results are then used to determine which surveys are a good fit for you. Most of the survey topics are on movies, restaurants, automobiles etc. Some of the features are:
- Each survey takes on an average 15 minutes to complete and you can earn on an average $5 per survey.
- For each survey completed, you’ll receive LifePoints, which you can accumulate to redeem cash and prizes.
- Rewards can be collected once you’ve accumulated 1200 LifePoints (a bit more than $50) in your account.
- You can expect to earn between 35-250 LifePoints based on the level of complexity or urgency of the survey.
- 23 LifePoints equates to $1
- UNICEF charity donations can be redeemed with collected LifePoints.
- Refer your friends to earn points on their completion of at least 2 surveys.
- Rewards are usually processed within 4-6 weeks.
The Opinion Panel Community
The OpinionPanel Community is the UK’s largest research panel for people belonging to age group of 16 to 30 years. They offer 1pound- 3pound in shopping vouchers for each online survey completed, to be redeemed online on Amazon.co.uk or in highstreet stores nationwide. The OpinionPanel Community consists of 4 different panels.
How it works?
Its easy to get started and you can either sign up using your email address or alternatively with your Facebook account. What’s great about this site is that you get 10 pounds just for joining, which is quite high comparatively. Along with the sign up bonus you’ll need to make an extra 15 pounds to get the first payout. Some of the features are listed below:
- You can make up to 4 pounds a survey however for most of the surveys you can expect a pay between 0.5 to 2 pounds.
- Interface is smooth and modern.
- You can request a reward as soon as you reach 2500 points which is equal to 25pounds.
- The other way to encash is receiving money in your PayPal account.
- A good opportunity for students to make some money out of classes.
- You can also earn money by writing for them.
- You can also make money by taking part in their discussions. You can talk face-to-face in a discussion and get paid anywhere between 30-70 pounds a study.
- Shopping vouchers are mailed to your door every week.
Opinion outpost is a free online tool that helps corporations to connect with their potential customers. By taking their surveys you can make quick cash from home while helping your favourite brands adapt and grow. The website is owned by Survey Sample International(SSI) which is a global sampling and survey company.
How it works?
You can log into their website and find a list of available surveys, thus giving you ample chances to make cash. They offer fun, interactive online surveys that are attractive and simple to take. Some of the features are:
- A typical survey takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
- The amount of points you can expect to receive per survey ranges between 5 to 50 points.
- 1 point equates $0.10.
- OpinionOutpost is unique for its instant reward delivery.
- Points can be redeemed for cash via PayPal payments, Amazon e-vouchers, i-Tunes gift cards or you can also donate via American Red Cross donations.
- Surveys are sent to you on regular basis.
- Quarterly chance to win $10,000 in case you got disqualified from a survey or you exchanged your valuable points for an entry.
- You’ll be rewarded with $1 every time you refer someone to OpinionOutpost and they complete at least one survey.
- They also offer games at the end of the surveys on top of offering sweepstakes entries to let you earn additional points.
Valued Opinions is a well known online survey panel operated by ResearchNow. This panel is available in more than 15 languages across 20 different countries and has 3 million registered members! Valued Opinion members receive “cash” redeemable for vouchers for each survey they take and quarterly cash draws for members are also held.
How it works?
Registration is free where users will have to fill basic information and some personal details about their identity. Users will start receiving online surveys once the required questionnaire is submitted and identity is verified via email. Coupon offers and survey invitation offers will arrive weekly thereafter. Some of the features are:
- Most surveys taken with Valued Opinions reward between $1 and $5.
- Most of the surveys take 15-20 minutes to complete, however the estimated time is always outlined beforehand.
- Minimum payout is kept at $10.
- Some gift cards like Amazon immediately arrive in digital form following cash out.
- Electronic gift vouchers are typically delivered within 24 hours.
- It can take up to 28 days to receive an offline (physical) gift card in the mail.
- Active members can collect ”badges” for their active level of participation.
Branded Surveys is one of the world’s leading market research communities with a customer base of more than 2 million. It also works with PayPal to handle customer payments in a secured manner. They reward the members for taking online surveys and completing trial offers.
How it works?
The registration is quick and you can use your social account or email to sign up. The good thing about this website is that members are rewarded with points for answering even a couple of questions. When you complete a survey you receive “pending points” and your survey is sent directly to Branded Surveys’ market research clients. Once you’ve earned a minimum of 1000 approved points, a redemption button will become active in the “My Points” section of your account. Some of the features are:
- Average survey takes 11 minutes to complete. The estimated time is known to the user beforehand.
- Log into your account daily to receive 5 or more points for taking the quick poll streak (10 polls) and earn 25 points.
- When your account reaches 1000 approved points, you may redeem your points for cash via PayPal or gift cards in increments of $13. Upon approval, redemption take approximately 3-5 business days to process.
- Even if you’re disqualified form completing a survey, you will earn 6 points to reward you for your time.
- You can earn points for your friends’ sign up and activity.
- Local deals are provided by businesses and offer additional opportunities to earn points with Branded Surveys.
- As you progress through different badges- Silver and Gold, you can earn 50 points and 100 points.
- “Branded Elite” recognizes and awards members for their consistent participation in surveys.
Pinecone Research is a trusted leader, owned and operated by a market research company known as Nielsen, whose operations are headquartered in New York. They are focused towards improving the quality of tomorrow’s products through collecting international research.
How it works?
As Pinecone Research is an invitation-only survey panel, potential new members must be invited by other members to join, or must find a join link posted on a website. For each survey taken, Pinecone Research awards its members with a minimum of 300 points, which equates to $3 CAD per survey. Some of the features are:
- The points can be redeemed towards PayPal, cheque, Amazon e-cards, gift cards or prepaid virtual Visas.
- Interesting online surveys are mailed to the members and they carry variety of topics.
- Surveys usually take about 15-20 minutes to complete.
- They have very quick customer service and respond to queries within 1-3 business days.
- Once you complete your first survey, which is rewarded with a minimum of 300 points, they will automatically send you a cheque for $3 to the mailing address on your profile.
- Occasionally, Pinecone may mail out products to its members to test from home.
- Bi-weekly and quarterly sweepstakes are conducted to keep the members engaged in activities.
PanelBase is a fast growing panel community owned and operated by Dipsticks Research Limited, a market research company that has been running in the UK since 1997. Members get the opportunity to share their opinions on a large range of products and services which will help build public demand.
How it works?
To become a member you just need to fill out a short registration form. Immediately upon registration, 3 pounds will be automatically credited into your account as a gift to get you started in the PanelBase Community. Some of the features are:
- Most surveys would take about 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Survey topics may range from clothing and accessories, fast food , business issues among others.
- Survey rewards will be somewhere between 0.25 to 10 pounds.
- Minimum payout is kept at 10 pounds.
- It takes up to 7 days to receive your rewards.
- They offer exciting research options to their members which may include listening to radio advertisements or reviewing video adverts.
- Some surveys also offer members an entry into prize draws in addition to cash earnings.
- You can earn 0.20 pounds for each recommendation you make to bring to someone to the community.